Competitive Energy Service (CES) - is currently seeking a full-time and energetic Marketing Associate to join our dynamic team. The CES Marketing Department positions and manages the CES company brand and supports the annual business development and growth goals of the company. Within this construct, we are storytellers and communicators, rooted in service awareness (internally and externally), we cultivate brand credibility, build trust among target audience members (clients and prospects), and provide a value to that audience in the form of information, education, and inspiration.
The Marketing Associate is an entry-level position that supports the Managing Director of Marketing & Communications and implements and helps facilitate the department’s strategic marketing initiatives for the CES brand via traditional and digital marketing channels, campaigns, and communications. The Marketing Associate is also responsible for CES website maintenance and the management of social media platforms, and implementation of e-campaigns through Constant Contact, and Constant Contact list/data management. The Marketing Associate helps identify opportunities for business growth (e.g., trade shows), as well as creating/designing marketing materials such as digital and print collateral, presentations, proposals, and video. This position also manages daily administrative tasks to ensure that the Marketing Department runs smoothly.
Reports: Managing Director of Marketing & Communications
Supervisory responsibilities: n/a
MARKETING ASSOCIATE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand company product and brand and assist with executing marketing campaigns and initiatives and marketing plan deliverables. Provide Marketing Department administrative support to ensure the functionality + coordination of the Marketing department's activities.
- Assist with production and facilitation of CES Communications and events, including but not limited to the weekly Market Summary, monthly CES Insider newsletter, e-communications, webinars, annual seminar, presentations, proposals, and other marketing content.
- Support the facilitation of traditional and digital lead generation campaign initiatives and help build strong marketing campaigns that help generate leads and support the company’s business growth goals.
- Graphic Design – Design marketing and company-wide collateral materials. (Having this skill is a plus; will teach on the job.)
- Maintain CES website regularly with new content updates, news, market summaries, newsletters, etc.
- Social Media - implement social media strategies and initiatives and manage social media presence including execution of ongoing posting schedule, content creation, analytics, and user engagement.
- Create spreadsheets/reports on marketing metrics, analyze quantitative audience behavior data (e.g., web traffic, rankings) to help interpret ROI and key performance indicators. Maintain and track Marketing Analytics data and reports that will be used to develop Tableau visualization graphs and charts for presentation purposes.
- Manage Constant Contact Database – incorporate new leads, new clients, client updates, etc. and communicate updates to ESA (for CRM client record upkeep). Keep organized records of marketing metrics/results of campaigns,
- Maintain Marketing Calendar and project schedules for key marketing initiatives.
- Build and maintain the CES Content and Photography Library.
- Edit/Postproduction of CES digital content.
- Manage trade show process and provide weekly updates to the team on upcoming trade shows and speaking opportunities. Coordinate trade shows registrations, abstract submissions, sponsorships, memberships, monthly meetings, presentations, and assist team members with trade show preparations. Research and recommend new events, giveaways, and promotions. Manage inventory, assemble materials pre-show, and record expenses. Strategize with Director of Marketing to improve procedures and ROI.
- Support Marketing/ESA/CES growth and account management goals by assisting in the facilitation of marketing initiatives such as proposals, presentation design, e-campaigns, and other initiatives.
- Assist with creation, assembly, and execution of RFPs.
- Prepare, format, and revise a range of documents.
- Conduct market research to identify new revenue and marketing opportunities and monitor competitors’ marketing activities.
- Facilitate and analyze questionnaires, surveys, and other forms of feedback.
- Perform general office duties.
MARKETING ASSOCIATE REQUIREMENTS
- Interest in the energy and sustainability sector
- Understanding of basic business and marketing concepts
- Digital marketing experience and familiarity with social media, social networking, email marketing
- Creative, outgoing personality, with strong interpersonal skills and a passion for learning
- Willingness to learn the following tools and programs that are used regularly to help facilitate marketing initiatives and projects: Constant Contact, Zoom, and the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (e.g., Photoshop, Lightroom, InDesign, Premiere Pro, Acrobat, Sign). Experience a plus!
- Ability to work collaboratively and effectively within a team and also independently, manage multiple projects and to manage time effectively, and to be self-motivated, be proactive and anticipate department and company needs, prioritize work assignments and shift work efforts based on the needs of the department or business goals and stay current with marketing trends and ideas
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills. Writing is a plus!
- High level of organization and attention to detail
- Comfort with multi-tasking in a deadline-driven environment
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Microsoft Teams.
- Understand how to navigate and use the CES CRM (Zoho) in support day-to-day activities.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Professional business experience with data related projects.
- Experience with databases: MySQL, Snowflake
- Proficiency in Structured Query Language (SQL), VBA, and Python or equivalent programming language.
- Experience with automation and scheduling tools • Familiarity with front end visualization solutions such as Tableau or Power BI
- Collaborate with analysts and engineers to identify opportunities and risks in data collection and storage
- Experience with data integration/ETL tools
- Knowledge and understanding of GIT
- Understanding of data warehousing solutions and relational database theory.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including the ability to translate technical subject matter to non-technical audiences (both as a speaker and listener).
- Demonstrated initiative in resolving problems, balancing conflicting requirements in partnership with others.
- Strong business relationship-building skills
- Planning and organizational skills, with ability to prioritize and be flexible with changing business needs.
- Initiative and self-motivation to work under minimal supervision with latitude for independent judgment.
- Ability to problem solve and draw conclusions, in some cases with limited information.
Please send cover letter and resume in PDF format to Lynn Gallagher at email@example.com.