A dynamic and quickly growing company - Competitive Energy Service (CES) - is currently seeking a PHP Developer to join our technology team. The PHP Developer creates, maintains and implements web-based application systems. Resolves issues and recommends enhancements, when necessary. Has knowledge of PHP, HTML, MySQL and related concepts. Relies on knowledge and professional discretion to plan and accomplish goals. This role reports to the technology department head. Significant ingenuity and flexibility is expected.
- Make a difference at a company that is highly respected in our space and has grown steadily for 15 years
- Join a small team that enjoys flexibility in creating solutions, great teamwork and an environment that welcomes creativity
- Work with some of the smartest and most experienced people in the energy space
- Enjoy an Agile environment where the team is constantly looking for ways to improve and create the ideal workplace and workflow for our success
The CES business systems have recently been redesigned and released this year. It is a great time to join our team as we continue to make conscious efforts to enhance our internal systems, address outstanding technical debt and architect new tools for our teams.
What will you do?
- Participate in the daily Scrum and Agile rituals
- Build efficient, testable, and reusable PHP modules
- Support, manage and update existing applications
- Maintain and grow data sources and storage
- Participate in our Agile development environment and processes
- Conduct code and architectural reviews
- Utilize project management tools to track and complete projects
- Help maintain and develop our server environments
What are we looking for?
- Experience and ability to work in a LEMP (Linux, NGINX, MySQL, PHP) environment
- Ability to work with REST APIs
- Familuarity of PHP MVC Frameworks (Yii preferred or equivalent, i.e. CakePHP, Symphony, Laravel)
- Passion for coding with strong technical aptitude
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and management of multiple priorities with minimal supervision
The position is full-time and based out of Portland, ME.
Please send cover letter and résumé in PDF format to Lynn Gallagher at email@example.com.