Competitive Energy Services LLC (CES), a dynamic and growing company, is seeking an energetic Associate to join our account management team. The Inside Sales Account Manager will be responsible for assisting senior level Account Managers and their teams in managing a portfolio of Client accounts. This position requires extensive Client communication and contract management ensuring that CES meets Client expectations in the renewal and post-contract processes. There is much room for growth in this position.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Make a difference at a company that is highly respected in our space and has grown steadily for 15 years
- Work with some of the smartest and most experienced people in the energy space
- Become exposed to and expert in energy markets and energy trends
- Independently manage a portfolio of client accounts
This is a full-time, salaried position based in Portland, Maine.
RESPONSIBILITIES of the Inside Sales Account Manager:
- Support two senior level Account Managers and their teams by managing all aspects of the renewal process for an assigned portfolio of accounts. Duties include requesting pricing, reviewing pricing with the Client and closing the renewal contract. Requires frequent written and verbal communication with Clients, senior level Account Managers, Pricing Team and Energy Suppliers. Must be comfortable communicating with individuals at all levels, both inside and outside the company.
- Assist Account Management team by generating renewal reports, monitoring renewal dates, prioritizing contract renewals and coordinating pricing requests with the Pricing Team. Requires communicating pricing results, including financial impacts and recommendations, to Clients.
- Manage a select group of aggregated accounts. Initiate and manage a tracking system to report status of all clients within the aggregation including status of pricings, contracts, and renewal dates. Work with participating Clients to close renewal contracts in an efficient and timely fashion.
- Primary contact for Clients with post-contract issues including billing and enrollment issues. Review invoices for accuracy, provide reconciliation, and work with suppliers and utilities to resolve. Initiate and manage a tracking system to report status of post-contract issues to Account Managers.
- Other projects and assignments as needed.
- A passion for learning and interest in the energy sector
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of experience in Account Management or Procurement
- Must be detailed, organized and skillful at managing multiple assignments in varying stages of completion
- Ability to prioritize work assignments, manage time effectively, collaborate with a team and be self-motivated.
- Strong in-person, phone and written customer communication skills.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, with very strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Some travel may be required; must have a valid driver’s license.
Please send cover letter and resume to Lynn Gallagher at HR@competitive-energy.com
ABOUT COMPETITIVE ENERGY SERVICES
Competitive Energy Services, LLC (CES) is an established energy services firm that advises the commercial, industrial, institutional, governmental and non-profit sectors in procuring and managing electricity, natural gas, liquid fuels, biofuels and green power supply. In addition to procurement services, CES offers a wide variety of strategic energy management services including sustainability planning, solar PV evaluation, renewables project management, budgeting and forecasting, risk assessment and management, utility data tracking and auditing, cogeneration and alternate generation feasibility studies, fuel conversion analyses, utility tariff negotiations, demand response analyses and carbon footprint reduction. CES’s integrated, innovative and customized solutions help clients maximize savings and manage risks in the rapidly changing energy sector. CES serves its local, national and international clients from its headquarters in the heart of Portland’s scenic Old Port. This position will be open until filled.