|December 12th, 2016|
Competitive Energy Services, LLC (CES) is an established energy services firm that advises the commercial, industrial, institutional and non-profit sectors in procuring electricity, natural gas, propane, residual oil, heating oil, biofuels and green power supply. In addition to providing procurement options, CES offers a broad variety of strategic energy management services such as budgeting and forecasting, risk assessment and management, cogeneration and renewable energy generation feasibility studies, fuel conversion analyses, utility tariff negotiations, demand responseanalyses and carbon footprint reduction.
Initial responsibilities include the following:
• Modeling of gas and electric consumption and utility rate tariffs.
• Forecasting customer budgets and preparing energy use projections.
• Reviewing utility and supplier invoices.
• Energy bid administration as needed.
• Creation and management of spreadsheets with market pricing and customer usage data.
• Assistance in evaluation of energy markets and preparation of weekly client newsletter.
• Assisting in fuel-switching analysis.
• Assisting in the design and implementation of fuel arbitrage strategies.
• Preparation of reports, presentations and other client deliverables.
• Acting as a point of contact for clients and competitive energy suppliers.
• Greenhouse gas accounting and sustainability planning.
REQUIREMENTS & SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, engineering, math, computer science, economics, or other technical undergraduate programs.
• Energy industry experience is a plus, but not required.
• Excellent spreadsheet skills.
• Strong writing skills.
• Programming and database management is a plus.
• Creative and analytical thinker with attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize and manage workload with flexibility.
Please send cover letter and résumé in PDF format to Lynn Gallagher at email@example.com.
|December 12th, 2016|
Competitive Energy Services (CES) is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Pricing Associate. Pricing Associates work closely with CES's account management team to procure energy for CES’s clients. The pricing department handles all pricing needs for electricity, natural gas, liquid fuels and other fuels as requested. Pricing Associates are responsible for obtaining, managing and processing all client data needed to prepare timely and accurate pricing information,
• Request energy usage and account information from clients and utilities
• Enter usage and account data into proprietary databases and other web based software programs
• Prepare bid forms and send to suppliers
• Enter bid data into database and generate analysis
• Communicate by phone and email with utilities, suppliers and clients about all aspects of client accounts, pricing, procurement status and contracts
• Facilitate contract process between suppliers and clients
• Update and maintain customer and supplier databases
• Update and maintain CES’s electronic client files
• Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree
• Must enjoy working with numbers and spreadsheets
• Extremely detailed, organized, efficient and accurate
• Very strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and Outlook
• Ability to adapt to a flexible, fast-paced work environment
• Positive, self-motivated attitude
• Must be able to stay organized in high pressure situations
• Friendly and polite with excellent communication skills
• Ability to work well independently and in a team setting; comfortable working with individuals at all levels within the company
Interest or experience in the energy industry is a plus, but not required. Two plus years of experience in a procurement or energy related role preferred.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CES’s Portland office is located in the heart of Portland’s scenic Old Port.
Competitive Energy Services, LLC (CES) is an established energy services firm that advises the commercial, industrial, institutional and non-profit sectors in procuring electricity, natural gas, propane, residual oil, heating oil, biofuels and green power supply. In addition to providing procurement options, CES offers a broad variety of strategic energy management services such as budgeting and forecasting, risk assessment and management, co-generation and alternate generation feasibility studies, fuel conversion analyses, utility tariff negotiations, demand response analyses and carbon footprint reduction.